5 things I Learned about Candy Corn
- Candy Corn was invented in Philadelphia in the 1880′s by a man named George Renninger, an employee of the Wunderlee Candy Company.
- Candy Corn is still produced according to the original candy recipe from over 1 century ago. The methods of production have changed, but not the ingredients.
- In its original form, Candy Corn was called “Chicken Feed” and sold in boxes with a rooster logo and the slogan “Something worth crowing for” on the box.
- October 30th is National Candy Corn Day.
- This year nine billion pieces of candy corn (over 35 million pounds) will be produced.
Happy Trick or Treating!